*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424587-Lackluster-writing
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#424587 added May 13, 2006 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
Lackluster writing
What are the words I need to find tonight
To show myself that I am still okay?
How does it have to sound tonight,
to please myself, if only me?

A lackluster day perhaps? No, the day was fine. Trees still in bloom, birds still chirping and singing. Three sparrows followed a fourth toward the feeder with their beaks open wide. One’s wings were quivering. They must have been fledglings, but looked to be the same size as the one they followed, and all flew away, never making it up to the feeder perch.

A lackluster mind, I think. I wrote the 15-15 with a fun idea, but I didn’t get it across well. Hardly any adjectives or even adverbs, not much description. Who else outside the west anywhere near Utah will know that the man in the white shirt was a Mormon missionary? No one. Maybe it won’t matter. I did use the words mission and missionary without spelling out LDS, but the white shirt thing is part of that to us out here. Stilted dialog too. That’s sad.

The same thing happened when I tried to make the laundry talk. It just wouldn’t come out. Come clean?

Bill said to his sister on the phone last night that I’ve been writing, entering contests and making lots of bucks, or some other slippery comment. He did go on to say that I was enjoying myself, or words to that effect. I’d probably better not think about it or I’ll get mad. I never thought writing would bring in money really, but I did and do want to take some time with it. Maybe......oh, I don’t even know maybe, baby.

Wish I had something burning in my heart I wanted to write about.

***
P.S. Found
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1075787 by Not Available.
after supper and had a great time. Mood much improved. Try it!

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424587-Lackluster-writing