*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428437-Emily-gets-a-reprieve
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#428437 added May 25, 2006 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Emily gets a reprieve
Emily is my cat, a 14 yr old long haired gold and gray and white tiger. She has a long history of preferring on occasion to do her business in the confines of the rungs on the dining room chairs to the litter box downstairs. She's been to the vet to see if she has any UT problems, and she doesn't. So I've shampooed the carpet several times this week and moved her box upstairs. I have it in the dining room, a most unattractive choice, but I intend to move it slowly toward the bathroom. The first day I shampooed, even with no furniture in the room, she made two spots near the wall. The outside door was open and she could have gone out, or downstairs to the box. So I made up my mind I was ready to have her put down. She has never been a very friendly cat, but still it's hard for me to do that.

She has very obediently used the box several times now, so I guess she has bought herself a reprieve. We'll see how well she continues as I shift the box toward the bathroom.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428437-Emily-gets-a-reprieve