*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431140-The-Exquisite-Corpse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#431140 added June 5, 2006 at 2:38pm
Restrictions: None
The Exquisite Corpse
The titles of the leading entries in "Invalid Item remind of a poetry game The Exquisite Corpse. The titles take a little rearranging to read like a surrealist poem, but once they’re rearranged the poem sounds pretty good.

Because I fucking can, I pity the fool.
Victory, Damaged Goods, and the Raw Truth Shall Be Yours.
I dare you, Saturday June 3


I can rearrange some of the headlines and add lines in this morning’s RJ to make a decent surrealist poem.

ADOPTING A SHOWY ATTITUDE Sinister mixes with silly as calendar nears 6-6-6

IN THE LINE OF DOODY Where do tourists from Vegas go?

Forget the stock market.
This is much bigger!
Tuesday’s date the source of celebration and fear


The interesting thing about the Exquisite Corpse is that it now refers to more than just poetry written in a sequence by a group; now days it can refer to a story or art work as well. The background of the Exquisite Corpse is intriguing; according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse the genre descended from Consequence a parlor game. The first poem written in this form was the surrealist poem “Le cadavre exquis boira le vin nouveau." i.e. "The exquisite corpse will drink the new wine."

I played a version of this game with some friends a couple of Friday’s ago. The poem we came up with, was written in different colored crayons.

Glory truth Beauty
trust Perfection
forgiveness. Words. Honor wisdom
Questions



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431140-The-Exquisite-Corpse