*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436143-Word-Confusion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#436143 added June 25, 2006 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Word Confusion
2 Rahmat 163 B.E. – June 24, 2006 A.D.

“Ah Ha, the battery’s got a flashlight in it!”


The most intriguing sentences come out of people’s mouths sometime. You know, of course, what they intended to say before the got their words turned around. My grandmother’s response to these little faux pas: “I got my tongue twisted around my eye teeth and couldn’t see what I was saying.” When this happens to me, I just smile and repeat my grandmother’s phrase. Everyone reacts different to these little incidents, its interesting to see how people actually react when this happens.

Some people just go on talking as if what they said was completely normal and made logical sense. Other’s smile weakling, glance quickly around (probably hoping no one heard them) and then continue talking. While other blush (the deeper the blush the bigger chance it was a Freudian Slip) and attempt to continue talking.

I’m not sure what the official or even the politically correct term for this type of blunder is, but I’m sure there must be one of each. I mean humans have official and politically correct terms for everything.

I like these types of blunders myself. Can’t you just visualize batteries with flashlights in them? Every one of these blunders presents a unique picture to the mind, something the mind hasn’t thought of before and in a creative person can lead to all sorts of new and wonderful inventions.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436143-Word-Confusion