*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436863-Commentary-on-one-of-my-poems
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#436863 added June 28, 2006 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Commentary on one of my poems
         As I was cleaning out my inbox, I ran across an email that I received in review of one of my poems. This prompted me to further describe the thought process behind this piece of poetry.
         I don't care to much for the short description that we are allowed and sometimes there is background needed to explain how we felt when writing the poem. I recall several literature classes that I took and sometimes we needed to know why a poet wrote what they did.
         Some wrote poetry on their death beds. Others wrote poems because they were scorned, while others wrote simply to express their thoughts on a topic. Others, simply wrote poetry to inspire one to take action!
         The poem below was written and given to my father on his birthday. I was a single mom at the time and I had absolutely no money! I could not even afford a $1 or $2 card. So, out of crafty ingenuity, I sat down and expressed my thoughts and my love for my dad, who was always there for me when I was growing up and even after I was grown with children of my own.
         I gave him the poem and a small box, just as the poem described. My dad still has that little box tied with lace and he is so proud, showing it to anyone who will read it. It was a precious gift, more valuable than anything store bought could ever be.
         A friend of mine once told me that the art of writing died along with the creation of email. Penmanship has become nonexistant.
         I have to admit that I do not put pen to paper as much as I used to once I had my computer. My arthritis makes it difficult to sit and hold a pen, but I can still type, though I have to back up and correct mistakes made by lazy fingers. Even my children dislike practicing handwriting.
         There was once a day when I longed for a new pen and paper. Now, I have stacks of filled notebooks, but even more computer files!
         Enough rambling out of me. Take a peek at the poem below. If it doesn't make you smile, it will at least make you alittle misty.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor



My Hobbies' Home
Handmade by Martha
http://www.handmadebymartha.esmartdesign.com


© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436863-Commentary-on-one-of-my-poems