*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437376-Back-Home-Again-FROM-Indiana
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#437376 added June 30, 2006 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
Back Home Again FROM Indiana
We have vowed never to do that again. Never will we go to a conference arriving late the night before it begins, especially when it's three time zones different. Nor will we be scheduled to leave the afternoon it gets over. What a scramble to check out and make it to the airport! There was a last minute, unscheduled and terribly important meeting after the last official presentation. Bill called it an attempted ambush, but he and his boss kept that from happening.

The bad part for me was that yesterday morning, in the dark on my way to the bathroom, I tangled my foot in the straps of Bill's bag which he had left in the hallway. I wrenched my shoulder trying to hang onto the wall to prevent falling, and then fell anyway, heavily, onto my left knee.

No major damage, thank God, especially with the blood clotting problems I have. But I sure have one black and blue , skinned and swollen leg and a very sore arm and shoulder.

I swear we walked miles in the airports, especially O'Hare. Denver was almost as bad. So hopefully the exercise made up for the danger of sitting for long periods in the completely full planes.

I went to work this morning, but bailed out for this afternoon. I need a stronger anti-inflamatory and some leg-up time. Picked up Emily from the vet and brought her home. She was obviously feeling better because she protested the whole ride home, but she's still shaky and not walking well. I thought we'd have some good lap time together this afternoon, but she's not interested.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437376-Back-Home-Again-FROM-Indiana