*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439213
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1129084
For Christians who are willing to be honest; a place to find grace
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#439213 added July 8, 2006 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Painful Honesty
Honesty about one's self can be a very hard pill to swallow - it is full of all of the naked truths of our sin, our selfish motives, our deepest secrets, and our painful pasts - mine is currently lodged sideways in my throat, refusing to go all the way down!
Many of us have an image we portray that is often not who we really are, or even want to be. We have cast ourselves in the great "play of life" and act out the part in which we place ourselves as a result of our own choices. As a Christian, I can tell you that I've made some very bad decisions and have faced painful consequences. These consequences have led me through despair, shame, heartache, and great remorse; but they have also guided me into repentence, renewed faith, a search for the truth, and unending hope! I am determined now, more than ever in my life, to seek God's truth and to share it as honestly and boldly as possible!
There was a time in my life, a few years ago, that I was the closest to God that I had ever been. I can honestly say He was my best friend. I felt His presence with me all throughout the day. I fell to my knees many times throughout each day to praise Him and talk to Him, and share my life with Him. I have never known such peace and happiness, and am determined to know it once more! As I embark on this journey, anyone reading this is more than welcome to join me. I will pray for you, pray with you, search scripture until God shows us the answer, and will hopefully encourage you to fulfill the life you were meant to live! I am by no means faultless, and will never claim to be, but I am sincere in what I say, I will be honest about myself. I hope to hear some feedback from other Christians and am looking forward to growing closer to the Lord!

© Copyright 2006 Forgiven (UN: bethdmiles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Forgiven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439213