*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440288-Midterm-Elections
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#440288 added July 13, 2006 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
Midterm Elections
1 Kalimat 163 B.E. – July 13, 2006 A.D.

The election campaigning started a while back, the ads are not creative and the mud slinging is at a minimum right now. I’m going to work the poles this year, but at a different school. I enjoy working the poles, not crazy about the campaign adds. I didn’t work the poles last year, I missed that. As I said I enjoy working the poles, you meet allsorts of interesting and intriguing people. On the 20th I go to the election department office and train, every year people working the poles have to go through training.

The woman running for reelection as state controller died of an apparent heart attack. Her husband found her body in their bed in Reno. Anyway the Reno police are investigating the death, she was healthy, but under a lot of stress. Her husband said she complained about stomach pains a couple of days before her death. After the last election, she the state ethics committee found her guilty of ethic violation and fined her, but didn’t put out of office. She had the people in the controller’s office work on her last campaign while they were on duty and drawing a state paycheck.

This is only the preliminary election, so many of the people running now won’t be on the general ballet. Since I’m registered as nonpartisan, I don’t have to pay too much attention to the campaign ads. I pay attention only to the ads that grab my attention for some reason or other. If the people who make those ads say something or do something that makes me remember them, then if they’re on the general ballet they either will or won’t get my vote.

A couple of ads have grabbed my attention. One is by former President Carter’s son; he is running for one of Nevada’s senate seats. His T.V. ads are interesting, he emphasis how his father raised him. Another of his ads concerns prescriptions and getting prescription drugs from Canada. Both are safe ads, not overtly controversial and doesn’t put down any of the other candidates. He ask people to vote for him on November 7. It’s too early for me to decided one way or another with him, so I’ll wait until it gets closer to the November election.

Another ad that got me listening to it is by a woman running for Lieutenant Governor. She is using the illegal alien controversy as her platform. I’ll remember her ads, for the simple reason I consider them prejudicial. So if she gets on the general election I won’t vote for her. So far, those are the only ads that have caught my attention. It is interesting that one person caught my attention because of who he is and the other because of the content of the ads.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440288-Midterm-Elections