*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445369-Early-Voting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#445369 added August 3, 2006 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
Early Voting
3 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 3, 2006

I voted today! The primary is on August 15, but Nevada has early voting from July 29 to August 11. The early elections polls are usually held in grocery stores. We won't know who was elected to what or who will be running against whom until late on the 15th or early the 16th, I probably won't stay up and watch the news with the outcome instead I'll wait until the morning news to see who won or lost. I don't have to worry about voting especially since I'm going to be working the polls on the 15th of August. The amount of people casting their votes increases every year.

There are some disadvantages, of course. I'm still going to have to put up with the political ads for most of August, but that OK. All the adds will help me decide on whom I'm voting for in the general election. There usually not much of a surprise who will get the party votes. I'm registered non-partisan myself, so the only ones I get to vote for in the primary are the judges, justices of the peace and sheriff. Actually there may be a run off for sheriff in the general election, there were more candidates than usual in the sheriff race this time and that normally indicates that no one will get a clear majority. So the top two vote getters in that race will be on the general ballot.

There doesn't seem to be any subject that all the candidates either agree on or disagree on this year. Actually the only thing that seems to stand out is the mudslinging and that's increasing the closer to the primary we get. Which is interesting because its entirely possible for the winners and the losers to be decided by the early voters, but since the votes aren't counted until the polls close on August 15 we won't know. I think Nevada is the only state that has early voting, now all I have to do is set back, watch the ridicules political mudslinging and figure out a way to use the themes of the commercials in my writing.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445369-Early-Voting