*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449651-The-Mice-Were-Over-Populating
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#449651 added August 21, 2006 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Mice Were Over Populating
2 Asma 163 B.E. - August 21, 2006 A.D.

NOTE: This is a rewrite of a creative journal piece, which I wrote from the prompt: The Mice Were Over Populating.


The mice were over populating, reproducing at ten times their normal rate. Breeding like rabbits, breeding like one celled animals. Doubling their numbers every hour.

The mice were over populating chasing the cats, attacking the dogs and destroying birds nests. The one good thing from all those mice was no more cockroaches. The damn mice were eating everything on the planet. The damn mice were making cockroaches an endangered species.

The mice were over populating because of global warming. Because their natural enemies were fat and well fed. Because the lab mice were mating with the wild mice.

The mice were over populating and there was nothing any one could do. We tried setting mouse traps, but mice were too smart. They stole the cheese and from the traps and left the traps still set.

The mice were over populating and the number one selling book in the world was "Two Thousand Recipes for Mice". According to the jacket cover you could fry mice, boil mice, pouch mice, microwave mice, or make mice stew. The book contained instructions on catching, killing, and skinning mice with out using a mouse trap. The mice were over populating and, as usual, humanity adapted to the situation and profited from it.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449651-The-Mice-Were-Over-Populating