*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451212-Thoughts-on-Confidence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#451212 added August 28, 2006 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on Confidence
9 Asma 163 B.E. – August 28, 2006

Do not, therefore, throw away your confidence, for it carries a great reward. Hebrews 10:35


Ok, I’m not sure precisely what confidence has to with unsubscribing to newsletter. Nevertheless, since I decided to unsubscribe to e-newsletters that are cluttering my e-mail box because I don’t read them any more, my confidence has risen. Actually, I don’t know why I subscribed to them in the first place, my only excuse is “It seemed like a good idea at the time.” Come the think of it that’s the excuse given for a lot of things people do that make no sense.

Another thing that has a lot to do with confidence is self-talk. I think a person can talk himself or herself out of confidence. I know I can talk myself out of it, in fact I’ve been doing that a lot lately. Instead of taking a different approach to a problem when one solution doesn’t solve it, I give up and convenience myself that it’s hopeless. I forget that a part of confidence is willingness to try new things and take new approaches. Now all I’ve go to find is a new approach to solve my present crises.

Another attribute of confidence is learning my weaknesses and my strengths. Now it is interesting that I listed weaknesses first rather than strength, because they are usually listed the other way around. I could have listed them that way because I seem to be looking at my weaknesses and not my strengths. I can list every one of my weakness, but when asked about my strengths I have difficulty. OK, something else I have to work on.

What else goes into building confidence (besides unsubscribing to newsletters)? One of the most important is a person’s belief about success. Believe ones is worthy of success goes a long way in feeding confidence. I say feeding because confidence is like a plant, if you don’t feed and water it the plant will die, confidence is the same way.

Three other things that nourish confidence, is practicing a skill until you master it, thinking positively, and using your God-given gifts. One of those gifts is the ability to make decisions, which may explain why unsubscribing to newsletters builds confidence.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451212-Thoughts-on-Confidence