*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453843-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1155139
When people start turning up dead, all the evidence points to Link. Did he do it?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#453843 added September 10, 2006 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
Samus was the first to find them. Nana and Popo were in their room, bludgeoned to death. They each held their hammers in their hands, which had blood on them. She called the rest of the Smash crew into their room.

“Damn..” Fox said when he arrived.

“Looks like they got in a fatal disagreement, or something.” Luigi said, studying the bodies. Samus scanned them with her visor.

“The wounds don’t look like mallet wounds. They’re too thin.. Like they were beaten with a crowbar, or something like that. A long stick, maybe. I’m not entirely sure.” They turned around as Dr. Mario entered. He kneeled beside Nana, pulling out some medical instruments. After a moment, he turned around.

“She was beaten to death. Probably Popo, too. The marks look the same on each body. Something flat, but blunt.” He said grimly. The rest of them just looked at the bodies in sadness. Samus was trying to formulate a theory. Who would want the Ice Climbers killed? They had recently beaten Link in an exhibition match, but what weapon could he have used? Maybe a boomerang, but the marks didn’t look quite like that. Oh, well. She could work on it later. The Master Hand had said there would still be matches today.

------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Game & Watch headed downstairs. Link had challenged him a while ago, and today was the day they would fight. He now stood before the door leading to the arena. He could hear the crowd muttering through the door, and knew that Link was directly across from him, the length of the arena away. Suddenly, the Master Hand, who was currently changed into his human form, spoke on the microphone.

“Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Arena!!” Cheers rose up from the crowd.

“Now today, for our first match, we have two very fierce competitors. On my left, weighing in at about 150 pounds, the green-clad kokiri, and protector of Hyrule, Link!” The crowd roared again, and Link walked out onto the platform. It was plain right now, but when the match started, it would randomly change. He swung his sword around some, and slammed it into the ground. This was well received by the audience.

“And to my right, weighing in at a very light 15 pounds, the master of Flat Zone, the flat, but very powerful, Mr. Game & Watch!!” Game & Watch walked out onto the platform. He rang his bell a couple times, and leapt around.

“Alright, fighters, to your positions!” They both stood at either end of the platform. The bridges retracted back into the walls, and the thrusters kicked up on the platform almost simultaneously, so it didn’t move a bit.

“Put on the belts!” Both Link and Mr. Game & Watch put on a special resurrection belt, that would keep them from dying by repairing them at a cellular level, and teleporting them back to the arena the moment before they hit the ground, if they fell off. It also counted how many times this happened, and after a set number of teleports, it returned them to the inside of the building.

“The match is set, 1 stock, and a random stage, chosen by the computer.” Master Hand announced. The area blackened, and when it lit up again, the appeared to be in space, unable to see the audience any longer, but the audience could see them. This was to keep their attention fully on the match, with no distractions from outside.

It was just them, no platforms, or anything. Master Hand began counting down.

“3..”

“2..”

“1..”

“Go!” Link and Game & Watch leapt at each other instantly. Link had his sword out, and slashed at him. Game & Watch dodged, and pulled a frying pan out of thin air. He made bacon appear in it, and flung the bacon at Link, burning his tunic, and him.

Game & Watch tackled Link, taking him to the ground, but Link recovered quickly, and slashed again, this time hitting him. He threw Game & Watch back, then ran at him. The instant he was up, Link whipped out his hook-shot, and grappled Game & Watch, kicking him repeatedly before slamming him down into the ground. Game & Watch landed next to Link, and pulled out a can of gas, spraying Link. Link choked on the gas, stumbling backwards. Game & Watch stepped forward, but Link was prepared. He whipped his right arm forward, and caught Game & Watch right in the stomach. He leapt up above Game & Watch, aimed his sword down, and pierced it through him. Mr. Game & Watch faded out, and Link stood up, twirling his sword around a bit before sheathing it.

“And, with a very quick 23 seconds, the match is over! Link is declared the winner!” The stage reappeared, along with the crowd. Link waved at them, then walked down the bridge, and through the door, smiling. He always loved the thrill of victory. However, on the other side of the door, a man clad in black robes and armor, except for a small yellow gem on his armor, and a sword on his back, stood waiting for him.

“Well, well. Nice show, Link.” The man said, no emotion in his voice.

“What do you want, Marth?” Link said, a bit of annoyance in his.

“So quick to the bottom line these days. Can’t we have a conversation like we used to?”

“Marth, we never used to talk. You know that. Now, what do you want?”

Marth nodded. “Very well. I’ve come investigating the murder. The Master Hand has put Samus and myself in charge of looking over it. Now, from what I understand, both of them thrashed you in an exhibition match not too long ago, correct?”

Link looked at him in partial surprise. “Well, yeah, but… you think I did it? I didn’t do it! I wouldn’t murder them just because they beat me!”

Marth just watched him, and shrugged after a slight pause. “Hmm. Well, I’m not accusing you just yet, so don’t worry about it. I’m just saying, suspicious behavior would not be a good idea at this point in time. That’s all.” Marth didn’t even wait for a reply before turning and walking off down the hallway, his cape billowing behind him. Link just watched, bewildered. Did they really think he had murdered them?
© Copyright 2006 Roger Callibros (UN: gorb1201 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Roger Callibros has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453843-Chapter-1