*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453863-Daydreams-and-confusion
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1133895
A dreamer is in slavery and can't dream anymore
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#453863 added September 10, 2006 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Daydreams and confusion
Taursus ran his fingures through his lush hair as he stared out the window of the small inn. He watched Nadia as she sat on a fence post waiting for him to come down and retrieve her. He's noticed a change in her throughout the three weeks that they have been travelling back to his ancestral home. She seemed remote, aloof. She wouldn't talk to him even after he apologized, begging on his hands and knees for her to forgive him. It simply wasn't his fault that he had to take her away.

"Sir, you're lunch basket is prepared, and the horses have been hitched to a carriage. Do you need anything else?" a woman's timid voice behind him interrupted his thoughts.

"I can't think of anything else...wait, bring Nadia up to her room, she needs a good cleaning before we head out. We're near my estate," he replied without looking at the woman. He heard her footsteps walk away, the door closing gently, and a woman's weeping. He hated to break the woman's heart, but he still had other things in mind instead of a rump around the bed.

Taursus again stared out the window. A man scurried around the unkempt yard of the inn, picking up the tub and some buckets to carry into Nadia's room. The man stopped when he came close to Nadia, bowed his head, and whispered something into the ground. Taursus gritted his teeth. None of the servents even acknowledged his existence until he forces them to. Nadia simply had the bearing, or the aura of something else, that made everyone want to show deep respect for her.
© Copyright 2006 Yersinia (UN: yersinia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yersinia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453863-Daydreams-and-confusion