*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455805-Serenity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#455805 added September 19, 2006 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Serenity
I decided to do another blog on Master Da Yuan, the holy man.
It seemed that I forgot to mention his name in previous blogs.

My friend Kåre Enga in Montana had this comment when he saw the picture of the monk:

"I asked my friend about this picture. He said 'serenity'. Some people radiate. Even through a picture. "

I believe that he is absolutely right!

Master Da Yuan had been in my thoughts since we met. Looking through the pictures, I discovered that he had almost the same expression on his face in every picture.

And yet, I did not feel that he was faking it. It felt that it was truly from the heart. It was a reflection of inner peace.

I thought back on my meeting with Master Da Yuan. I did not believe he offered any widom of words that I had not already known.

He did not seem to have the aura that I was expecting of a holy man.

Like I said before, he just seemed like Forrest Gump. An ordinary person.

And yet, I cannot forget him. His image sometimes fills my mind for no particular reason. There is no words to describe it, actually.

It just seemed to be funny. The world seemed to be funny somehow. All the tension, all the frustration, all the drama, all the anger, just seemed to be petty and funny.

Yeah, serenity, that is it!



© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455805-Serenity