*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458720-The-amazing-things-about-human-minds
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#458720 added October 2, 2006 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
The amazing things about human minds
There was an underground parking garage under my In-laws apartment building.

It was barred by a red striped gate arm. If a car stopped at the gate, the driver will swipe a card over the reader located next to the door, and the plastic 6 inch wide gate arm will raise up for the vehicle to go through.

Every morning there was an middle aged lady walked to the gate arm. She would take out a card, swipe it, and the gate arm would raise. Then she would go inside of the garage.

......

It never occurred to her that the gate arm was there to stop cars, not humans. She only needed to duck her head a few inches, or walked around the gate arm and she would just walk straight through!

It is just amazing how single-minded a person can be. How many of us can take a step back and notice how laughable our actions had become.

Reading through my friend Kåre Enga in Montana 's blog entry on Qur'an and Ramadan, it just occurred to me that if you peeled through centuries of blood and hatred and taboos, as an outsider looking in, weren't Christians and Muslims and Jews worshipping the same GOD?

OK, before all you nice faithful people of various religions throw rocks at this poor miserable infidel, please read the following story, (while gathering bigger rocks.)

Four blind men sat near a river bank. A man rode an elephant came by to drink. When the man chatted with the four blind men, he found that the blind men had never seen an elephant before. So he invited them to touch and felt the animal.
The first blind man found the elephant's trunk. "OK, I know now! An elephant is just like a python."
The second blind man nodded, "I agree it was like a snake, but I don't know about a python, obviously, it was just the size of a regular snake." He was holding the elephant's tail.
The third man was touching the elephant's back, "I had no idea what you guys drank last night, what python, what snake? This is huge. Huge I am telling you."

The fourth man agreed, "I did not think it was anywhere near the shape of snake, and I noticed it was huge too. ... And it certainly stank!"

The herdsman and the elephant moved on while the four blink men argued and argued.
The End!

Oh, by the way, did I tell you what the fourth man touched? *Bigsmile*


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458720-The-amazing-things-about-human-minds