*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459780-Magic-Elf-Day-Its-really-a-holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #946502
It is my dream to one day write a book about my life, till then this is it.
#459780 added October 6, 2006 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
Magic Elf Day (It's really a holiday!)
          For all of you who don't know what Magic Elf Day is, it is March 30. The day pretty much come about one day when a whole bunch of us got together and decided that we needed to do something on March 30, the day before three of us celebrated our birthdays (May 1 -- for some of you slower folks). So we came up with Magic Elf Day, thus to lengthen the time of celebration for the three of us since we had to share a birthday. But that makes us sound greedy so for most people we explain Magic Elf day the following way.
          Magic Elf day is a day to celebrate the magic elves and all the luck they bring you through out the year, if one falls asleep during these sacred 24 hours, the only elf who will seek ones company for the next year will be Fred the non-magical elf. This is a very bad thing, because non-magical elves dont reflect positively on anything and plus, Fred just has a horrible attitude. Fred is one of 365.25 fairies that exist in this world (dont ask about the fraction it is a very touchy subject on leap years). And every elf has a day of the year which they are celebrated on; Fred is celebrated on March 30. But since no one likes Fred the non-magical elf, this is the day the magic elves decided to let humans celebrate Magic Elf Day. Basically for all magic elf believers there are only two days out of the years Magic Elf day and Not-Magical Elf Day. Not-Magical Elf Day was a dreadfully boring day for many years before the magic elves who really like to party decide that on Not-Magic Elf Day, all the humans would celebrate the blessing of the magic elves. Thus the name was changed to Magic Elf Day, but since this was a day reverence for the magic elves they set forth a strict set of rules that must be followed on this day to show respect for their kind. And all those believers who happen to break these rules will be cursed with the luck of Fred, the non-magical Elf -- for the rest of the year, and as before mentioned this is very bad!
         The rules of Magic Elf Day are as follows, all must be called by their elvish names, stay awake for 24 hours, and participate in the annual spoon exchange. The elvish names are all very complex and hard to pronounce, thus it has become a common practice to purposely mispronounce each others names, that way one doesn't get offended by the intentional mispronunciation of their name. In the spoon exchange one must find a partner, preferably a nice one, who will swap spoons with them on Magic Elf Day. Then after the exchange there is an annual feast which can only be eaten and served with the said spoons, which is why it is a good idea to have a nice partner who won't make your spoon out of duct tape and candy canes. Then at the end of day, right before midnight one has to dance around for an hour or until they pass out. Then during this lapse in consciousness if one happens to see Fred the non-Magic Elf -- you are doomed to have bad luck for the rest of the year, because obviously you broke a Magic Elf Day rule!
          Now that you have all been informed of this upcoming holiday, you are hereby invited to celebrate in the activities, and all become magic elf believers!



*** I Hope You Dont See Fred!!***


© Copyright 2006 Ame Perdue (UN: ame_perdue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ame Perdue has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459780-Magic-Elf-Day-Its-really-a-holiday