*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462642-Cloned-Animals-for-FoodWhat-Horror
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#462642 added October 18, 2006 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Cloned Animals for Food...What Horror!
A big food news on cloning. The Food and Drug Administration is on the verge of endorsing the marketing of cloned animals for public consumption. It has been three years since the FDA initially suggested it might allow the sale of meat and milk from cloned livestock. Although there is still significant public opposition, with continuing efforts by groups and companies to forestall the decision, FDA action is expected by the end of the year, the Washington Post reports.

The FDA’s position is bent on the new data showing that meat and milk from cloned animals do not pose specific risks to consumers. “Our evaluation is that the food from cloned animals is as safe as the food we eat every day,” said Stephen Sundlof, FDA chief of veterinary medicine.

Is it really, if I might ask? We know that cloned animals are more prone to shorter lives and more sicknesses. With these negatives known, plus with so many unknown elements in the works, how can they be so sure?

As if in this country we are dying of hunger and there's a shortage of livestock...Maybe we could all shed all those extra pounds and return to their old normal size the emergency room equipment, our furniture and bedding, the entryways and doors. In a country where people are excessively overweight, do we have to add to their medical woes?

I am not a beef eater, and with due respect to Milkman here, but this should be enough of a reason for anyone to turn vegetarian. Even if you are a vegetarian, what about milk and milk products?

This idea makes me turn nauseous. Look at the bright side. Maybe I'll end up as thin as a catwalk model. You wish!

This month has been a busy month for me and it is getting busier. It may very well be that I won't be able to add to my blog for a while, especially with a trip lurking at the end of the month.



© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462642-Cloned-Animals-for-FoodWhat-Horror