*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462796-Just-Got-Back-from-Texas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#462796 added October 19, 2006 at 12:25am
Restrictions: None
Just Got Back from Texas
Hey!
It seemed that I had not blogged for a long time!
Bad Josh! Bad! Bad!
Well, I have an excuse for it! Although I don't have a note from my parents to authenticate my excuse, I have evidence!

I just got back from Texas. Dallas, Texas, to be exact.

I tried to blog from my hotel, but the wireless network there had been ... troublesome. (I want to take a hammer to the servers, but I restrained myself. It was late, 2AM to be exact, and I was not decent, in my shorts to be exact, so I let it go.)

Anyway, to prove I was in Dallas, TX, I can report that the gas price there is $2.09, a whoopie $0.60 cheaper than Nevada!

And I met a man there. Well, I kind of know him, and he did not know me. I saw him on TV. He was talking about it was not right for the great state of Texas to buy oil while itself produces oil. He came to the conclusion that if all good Texasians vote him as governor, he will make sure all oils are produced in Texas.

OK, I am not going to debate the theories of Macroeconomics either with him, or with Y'all, (With my fake Texas accent no less), but the reason I brought that up was that he looked funny.

He wore a black jacket with a huge black cowboy hat. He had a huge handlebar mustache, and he looked like a classic bad guy in a classic western movie.

In which, he would try to knock the good guy over with a whisky bottle, but the beautiful barmaid would have yanked the bottle from his hand and smashed it on his head.

In another words, he was a classic badguy Nobody, not even important enough to pull a gun on the good guy.

Anyway, just that reason alone, I would not have give him a second thought, but at the end of his blabbing, he said, "Please vote for me!" and he gave out his web address. http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

At that point, my jaw was on the floor, and my neck was screeching to a halt.
"Kinky?"
His name is actually "Kinky"?

I can't even imagine any state can have a governor named "Kinky".

Well, I can imagine the great State of California have a governor named "Kinky", but certainly not Texas.

Anyway, I thought I share that with you. I don't care how great his ideas are, but if someone is to tell me to go voting for "Kinky", I'd say this through my teeth, "Over my dead body!"

Nothing against the guy though, you understand, this is just one of these stupid manly principle thing.

Like I'd never drink from a toilet even if I am dying of thirst.
... You know, one of these principle things.

This was my first real trip to Dallas. And I did not stay long enough to find out if I really liked the place.

The weather was hot and humid, around 85 degrees. And to my daughter's utter disappointment, there were no cactus in sight.

The local TV was showing "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Make the Team", and "International Miss Hooters Beauty Pagent".

Or something like that. I am not sure if it was the place, or just my luck in TV channel surfing.

Kinky! Very Kinky!

*Laugh*


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462796-Just-Got-Back-from-Texas