*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467586-Beechcraft-B-19-Sport-For-Sale
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#467586 added November 8, 2006 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Beechcraft B-19 Sport For Sale
We've had two potential buyers for the airplane this week. Bill talked to one man for an hour Monday night about it. As Northwest regional high muckety muck of the Beechcraft club, Bill knows a lot about his plane. He has had lots of pictures on the website about every difficulty he's encountered, every fix he's had to make, so that he could educate other owners and perspective buyers about problems they might encounter. You just couldn't get a more throroughly scoured over and researched plane.

So, we got a phone call Tuesday, during the day when we're at work, asking for interior pictures of the plane. The female of this one couple who is interested wants more pictures. She was back east looking at a plane there, and wanted to know immediately if she should make an offer on it or wait and take a look at ours. He emailed her today from work, where he could get at the link to the pictures, and sent them to her. Today we had two more calls from her complaining that she hadn't gotten the pictures, or at least ones that showed what she wanted. There were plenty of pictures of the instrument panel, and some of the new interior upholstery incidentally, but none of the seats specifically. Well, okay, so maybe we should have had some, but we didn't.

Today she left her number, both times, and wanted him to call her immediately. She must be retired and think everyone else is too. She talked so long on the phone, and so insistantly, that he told me he got tired of trying to accomodate her and didn't care if she bought the plane or not. (He actually hates to have it leave the area, but that's neither here nor there since we don't have a local buyer, unfortunately.)

So tomorrow morning early, he'll drive the twenty miles north to the airport to get into the hangar and climb around, take pictures, then drive south for fifty miles to arrive at a meeting before eight, then back another 35 miles to his office, where he'll send off the pictures to her. I offered to go in and take them myself. So long as I have the keys to the hangar and airplane I could do it, but then he wouldn't have the pictures to send her. And it's true, I don't know how to do that part.

*Leaf2* *Leaf5* *Leaf2* *Leaf5* *Leaf2* *Leaf5* *Leaf2* *Leaf5*


I'm working on a story, at least in my mind, of an old lady being interviewed on tape on her 85th birthday, by her granddaughter. I won't have time to work on it tomorrow either, even if I don't have to make the airport photo trip. Then Friday, if the weather holds...we'll fly to Las Vegas. Although, I looked for a motel online today, and they were pretty well booked up, unless you wanted to spend-- can you believe it-- $400 for a room for a night. Blew my mind! We may have to find an airport in Podunk with a motel for the night.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467586-Beechcraft-B-19-Sport-For-Sale