*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468719-Chapter-Four
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1172971
She was an outcast... can she still survive?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#468719 added November 21, 2006 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Four
No more than an hour later, something wet made Anna wake up. Something or another always woke her up. She blinked and yawned, not feeling in any danger just, strikingly wet. And cold... She placed the palms of her hands on Bell's back, and sat up straight, lookind around. The fog was gone. And... the frightening wood was gone. Now, it was just... trees. Dotted here and there. Apple trees, as a matter of fact. But the Apple trees and the pretty scenery was what not amazed her. It was snowing.
Anna looked up to the sky, which was just a large blanket of grey. Endless, seeming close enough to touch. Anna watched as her breath spiraled in front of her face in a puff of mist, and Bell seemed to be doing the same with her own breath. Lifting her hand up, Anna let a soft flake fall onto her palm, and melt softly, sliding down her arm gently.
The fog was completely gone, for it was morning now, and what small amount of sun got through the thick clouds burned it off. She slide off Bell's back and into light snow, which musn't have been falling for long. The ground was only flecked with the white fluff, and Anna wasn't even able to make a descent snowball. She walked around for a bit, enjoying the good stretch and the bugless air.
Bell began to nose aound for some unfrozen grass, while Anna moved towards a low apple tree, with nothing but bare branches and a few leaves on it. Anna imagined the sight of a huge tree, filled with branches of Green apples and rich leaves. She sighed softly, adn closed her eyes. And apple would do her good right no--
"Hey!" She shouted, opening her eyes. Something hard just hit her head... like it came from above her. She lifted her eyes to look up, and when she did, she gasped.
The tree! In the moment it took her to close her eyes and sigh, it... grew! There was no sign of a bare branch, for every twig was filled with leaves. The stronger branches were heavy with green apples, a few dropping down into the snow. Anna crouched down, and picked up the apple that hit her across the head. It certainly was real. She took a bite into it, and couldn't help but smile. It was sweet, almost perfect. She stood straight, taking another bite while she looked around. It was still snowing.... and none of the other trees bore the leaves or apples. Their bare branches merely swayed in the gentle wind.
Anna blinked ehr eyes softly, making sure she wasn't imagining things. It was still there. Just that one tree.
"Odd...." She said softly, as Bell walked over slowly, picking at some grass. Anna whistled softly, and the horse trotted over.
"Here.... you can have this apple.." She said softly, letting the horse lip it up softly and take it from her hand. Anna turned around, and looked back at the tree. And then she began to think.
Had she done it? It looked just like she had thought it would. Even the apple tasted to her liking. She brought ehr finger to her lips in thought, staring at the tree. How odd. How incredibly odd. She sighed softly. Just another thing she can be hated for.
She turned around, her back to the tree. She looked across what she now saw as an orchad, as the snow began to fall faster, and thicker. Dressed in mere jeans and a thin jacket, Anna began to shiver. Her breath was easily visible in the cold, which told her it was probably much to cold. She looked about. There was nothing but thick, tangled woods all about, but...wait.... Her eyes caught the site of a path. A very subtle path, hidden within the tangles of the trees. But it was a path, no doubt. She looked to Bell, who was trying to get seeds off her long tounge, and walked towards her.
"Come on, girl. It's getting cold." She said, clicking her tounge softly. The horse came towards her happily, having gotten the seeds off her tounge, and was swishing her tail about. She liked the cold. You could barely tell it was on her pure white fur, for it simply blended in.
Anna glanced for a moment back to the tree, which, like all trees, just sat there. Anna was conviced she had done it. She had to have. Was it anothhr power developing? Or had it been a power she had been surpressing with the fears that her other powers were already to much. Anna didn't know, and didn't care at the moment. She shivered softly, and began jogging towards the path, Bell right on her heels.
Once she reached the thick entry way, she slowed, and looked above her, as the grey sky turned to dark trees, and the snow got less and less. Bell stamped her foot uneasily, but followed obediantly, as they moved from teh light and into the dark.
The only thing Eve was thankful for at this very moment, was the well worn path she was on, and how it never began to fade. It seemed she was on the road to somewhere, but where, she did not know.
© Copyright 2006 ~*~Taylor~*~ (UN: tayluvhorses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~*~Taylor~*~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468719-Chapter-Four