*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470012-Amethyst-Reunion---My-Second-Life-Friends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#470012 added November 19, 2006 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Amethyst Reunion - My Second Life Friends
*sighs softly remembering* Yesterday was fantastic. One of those rare and beautiful days that stay with you forever. I woke expecting a normal nothing kind of Sunday but when I checked my email there was a message from the Amethyst VIP group on Second Life.

For those of you who don't know, Second Life is an online game where you live the life of an avatar. In April this year my avatar, Rebecca Logan, built and opened a nightclub called, Amethyst. The club was a huge success and we had a ball but by the sixth week I hit the wall and closed down the club, leaving the game a few days later.

Yesterday a close friend on the game, to whome I'd passed on the land, declared an Amethyst Reunion. They created a club in his mall that was reminiscent of the old club with photo's from back in those wonderful days. So many of my old friends gathered and I was put on pedestal again. It was amazing to feel so loved, and cherished. To hear how much so many people loved the club and remember it fondly.

They talked me into DJing for about 30 minutes and while I was racked with nerves I did it and had a ball. We played some of the songs from the clubs past. Ones that related to certain people and ones that were very special to the club in general. We shared memories and danced the night away.

I had a ball and it was tempting to come back to the game on the long term but I know it really isn't good for me. I mean there is a lot of wonderful people and things in that game but the bad comes with the good and I'm not a strong enough person to face it. It's too much like reality without the restraints of reality. I don't do too well in social situations and that game was all social. My heart doesn't withstand the heartbreak. My bank didn't withstand the club owner aspect either. *chuckles* Costs a fortune to run a nightclub.

Still, it was a wonderful night. I spent my whole day in SL and hung out with old friends and new. I know I'll have to visit more often. MC (the guy who hosted the party) is talking about holding regular events so I'll hopefully be able to make cameo appearances for those. Reflect on the past and make a new future.

Thankfully many of the closest friends I made in the game I still talk with outside of the game via Yahoo and MSN. But as with all things, time moves on, things and people change. It's fantastic to look back and remember the joyful times but it's even more important to look ahead and make new ones. *Smile*

My deepest thanks to everyone involved in the Amethyst Reunion. We'll do it again in another 6 months huh? *chuckles*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470012-Amethyst-Reunion---My-Second-Life-Friends