*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470532-sighs-with-relief-FINALLY-And-with-time-to-spare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#470532 added November 22, 2006 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
*sighs with relief* FINALLY! And with time to spare
Yep, I got the Tools of Poetry Workshop lesson on allusion written but I'm not very confident that I've made it clear enough. Allusion is a surprisingly complex topic and I wonder if some literary folk add twists and turns to the poetic device that aren't strictly necessary. Or perhaps Allusion is actually two tools and they've come together indisinguishably.

Either way the article is written and I'll have a good read over it in the morning with a fresh mind. Hopefully, it makes some semblance of sense. Unfortunately, allusion is not a tool I'm overly familiar with. I can think of only once that I've ever called it into play myself and obviously that makes it much harder to try and explain to others. I think I'll insist on completing the assignment I gave the ToPW students this week and make more use of allusion in general.

Ohhh, twice, I've alluded in two poems. *chuckles* One I wrote last night had some allusions to Cinderella and fairy tales. I don't have that one in my port, I don't know if I'll add it to my port either. Still undecided but allusion are there. lol I guess perhaps a part of me was already processing this article that I attempted to begin yesterday.

My focus this week has mostly been on the Persevering Poets group. Sometimes I wonder if I put too much time into my poetry. It's easy to use poetry as an excuse not to complete what is more important to me. Seriously while many have commended me for my poetry it's a hobby to me. I love being able to use and abuse language, to twist it and shape it, producing captivating pictures, macro in literate ink. (wow, poem-worthy prose) *Wink*

It's almost midnight already but I'm having this urge to work on The Dating Game. Emily and Jake are calling to me in that sense that I need to pull into focus what is important to me again. Too long I permit myself to wander away from my goals. This book sits, gathering dust and I KNOW there is a nugget there waiting for a bit of spit and polish.

It's not a step toward writing something new, which I also know I should get on to. But completing TDG is important to me and I think on a writing sense, it needs to be brought into prominance. Then I think about Persevering Poets and all that I've put into myself there and the importance of keeping the workshop running and having weekly lessons there. The Poet of the Week, and Forms Seminar are screaming for attention as well.

Speaking of writing, I've technically done a lot of it today. Emails *chuckles* Chat Room and the article and then here as well. All up I've probably had a significant total wordcount. I feel pretty pleased with that over all since any writing is better than none. I know it's not progressive for a story in the future, although one never knows, all life is a pantry for the imagination, especially for a writer.

I thought I should be tired by now because I stayed up late yesterday to get the blog entry written and then an email after that and that poem I mentioned had to get out of my head so I could sleep. But while I'm starting to feel the edges of sleep on the eyes my mind is still sparking, raring to go.

My mind is flittering over all the things I could work on but I'm trying not to begin doing anything of them at this time of night or I won't sleep. Tomorrow is again, another school day so I have to be up for 7AM to get my oldest ready and there on time. Then probably stuck out and about for the day again. I've been doing that a lot lately but I sense my mother needs me or something like that. It's a good thing we get along so well so I don't mind spending time with her. It can get frustrating if I don't get as much time at home as I'd like but I enjoy being out and about as well. Socialising is important for pushing me out of my phobic shell and being with family provides a safety net that makes it easier to manage.

Alas, it is however time to start thinking of sleeping. I've got a dozen songs left on my playlist so I might let it play me out for the night while I chat in the chat room and then head for some shuteye. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470532-sighs-with-relief-FINALLY-And-with-time-to-spare