*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471196-Scattered-Thoughts-of-a-Tired-Brain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#471196 added November 25, 2006 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Scattered Thoughts of a Tired Brain.
Went to sleep with the blog not done last night. *blushes* Yeah I know, very naughty of me but I had plans that lead me to midnight and then just when I was going to log off and crash a friend needed me so it wasn't until more like 1AM that I managed to sleep. Yet another late night. I swear all these late night are going to catch up with me at some point.

I feel like I got quite a few things accomplished yesterday. I have a hovering sense of accomplishment which is very nice to feel considering a lot of the time I feel like I'm getting nothing done. Reflecting however I can't bring to mind all the things I accomplished.

I made a bunch of signatures for friends of mine and I'm hoping to chase up their image numbers and link to them all from a static item so I can show them off. Either that or upload them in my own port as an example of what I can do when I put my creativity and Paint Shop Pro together. *perves at the images again with pride*

I'm putting pressure on myself to think of something interesting to write about today but there isn't a whole lot coming to mind. I used to think I'd keep this journal for my writing endevours but I came to realize that my writing is so deeply interwoven in my life that I can't keep the two separate. When I'm not writing I'm facing reality wishing I was writing. Well, some of the time. *chuckles* There are occassions when I'm away from the words and completely in the moment with what I'm doing.

I recently bought calenders and diaries to tide me through 2007. Calenders cost an extraordinary arm and leg but I got some with beautiful pictures. One in particular has a soft purple cover and sets out each day to a page with lots of lines. I've decided to make it a Poetry Journal with each page designed to hold my 'poem of the day'. Part of me wants to begin already but it's not like the dates start in November or December. January 1st will be my first entry there.

I guess that doesn't give me an excuse not to write a poem a day prior to then. I wrote one on Thursday while I sat waiting for my mother to finish what she was doing on the computer so we could go shopping together but I'm undecided if I like it. I might put it in my port and let readers decide.

***

Ok I went and put it in my port after all. It was a practice of allusion since I set the lesson for the Tools of Poetry Workshop and don't practice it often enough myself. I mixed in some internal rhyme. It's a very deliberately written peice which is probably why I don't like it as much as the poems that just arrive on the page when I write.

"Invalid Item

I enjoyed writing this however, and I'm going to put Allusion into practice more often. In this case knowledge of Steve Wariner and the Two Teardrops song isn't important. It really doesn't negate from the message and emotion in the poem but if you know the song and can hear the music in your head it adds depth to the words. At least I hope that's what I accomplished *blushes* I guess the readers will have to tell me.

My thoughts are still scattered today. Thinking of all I want to do and making very little headway in any of it. Do you ever face the fleeting fragments of thought and struggle to focus. The flitter like hummingbirds, never still and unobtainable. Perhaps it's lack of sleep or the fact I haven't had breakfast yet.

Do you realize there is less than a month until Christmas? I haven't even started shopping for that although I know I really should. I'm having to face the mortgage in a few days first so I guess I'll see where I stand financially after that. I promised my daughter some skates so I suppose I should go on the hunt for those in the next week or two.

Meanwhile, I also promised her we'd go to the park so will do that before it gets too hot. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471196-Scattered-Thoughts-of-a-Tired-Brain