*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471340-Comfortable-Inaction
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#471340 added November 26, 2006 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Comfortable Inaction
4 Qawl 163 B.E. - November 26, 2006

There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. - John F. Kennedy


OK, let’s get one thing straight, inaction is only comfortable up to a certain point and then the pain begins. This is just an observation from a woman whose right knee freezes up at night and it takes three or four seconds of excruciating movement before, it works properly and I don’t limp or fall face down onto the tile floor. (I may be exaggerating some here, but not much) You see at night I sleep on my said with my knees bent, so by morning the knee has stiffened up and doesn’t want to move. However, the knee description does describe my life lately.

I haven’t been writing like I should, it’s not that I haven’t been writing. I’ve worked on the assignments in my Instructional Design courses and I received an A in the last course and an A on both the first week’s assignments in EDU 640. It’s just that I haven’t been writing that much creative stuff.

To top that I need a job, that’s right a j-o-b. I do have some money coming in periodically, it isn’t enough, but it does help. At least it helps when the checks come in properly. The problem is that they don’t. In fact I’m waiting for four now. Three of them I’m not all that worried about. They should be here in the next few days or maybe next week. One should have been here the beginning of the month.

So I called up Tuesday and left a message for the women with the check. She called me back Wednesday and said that I could pick the check up between 4 and 5 p.m. that day. I went up there and arrived at the building at 4:05 p.m. and what do you know. Nobody could find the check. Thursday was Thanksgiving and they closed office Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I figured that maybe she misunderstood me when I said I’d be after the check. The check didn’t come Friday or Saturday. So no, I have to take action again and call the office Monday when it opens. The office opens at 8:00 a.m., but she doesn’t get in until 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. I’m going to call Monday at 8:00 and leave a message on her voice mail. I’ve had all weekend to think about this, but I’m going to leave a polite message.

Fortunately, this weekend I was focused on getting an outline completed of the learning module I’m creating in the EDU 640 course so any other worries or upsets have had to take a back seat to the outline. Actually, today a I’m not worried about the check or my bank account or for that matter anything. I think today I’ll just relax without any worries for once and wait for the other shoe to drop. Of course, the way things have been going the past few weeks it’ll probably hit me on the head and I can’t afford to go to the emergency room, besides I’d have to drive myself there because I’m not paying for an ambulance to take me there.



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471340-Comfortable-Inaction