*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471746-The-Goat-Robber
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#471746 added November 28, 2006 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
The Goat Robber
The San Franciso Zoo has a little petting zoo inside of its Children's Zoo.

(Boy, try to say that ten times faster.)

It has a few goats and sheep inside for the children to touch, to brush and to feed.

The first time I let my son touched one of these little lambs, his eyes lit up. Then for the next half hour, I was chasing him while he was chasing all the goats. It was quite chaotic.

So, as you can understand, I lost track of my 7 years old daughter for a moment. Then I found her. As a matter of fact, she found me. As I finally caught up with my son, my daughter ran towards me with a small black goat chasing after her.

Yeah, she was the only child inside of the zoo who was afraid of anything dared to chase her.

The culpit was the goat feed inside her hand. There were feed machines all around the zoo. If you put a coin in, turn the knob, and a handful of feeds will come out of the bottom.

My daughter got a handful, and she was too afraid to hand them to any of the goats. But of course, the goats did not see it that way. They all thought she was just playing hard to get. So they ran after her, eyeing her hand all the time.

So finally, she dropped her feed, and stopped the chase. But of course, she was crying now. So I had to go to another machine and got her some more feeds.

As I put in the coin, and turned the knob, a black figure darted in front of me. A big black goat jumped up with both of its front legs circling the machine, and its mouth at the outlet of the machine.

The feed ran out of the outlet and directly down its mouth, through its throat and down its stomach.

Both my daughter and my son stared at the goat with wide eyes, while I was laughing so hard, I almost dropped my son.

A goat robber!

And after it is done, he dropped down, and gave me a look. It was as if to say, "Well, dumb man, don't just stand there, put another quarter in!"

As I only got two more coins left, I did not give him another chance to perform. So I went to another machine at the back. That machine was the territory of a fat gray sheep. It was too fat and hence too slow to climb the fence like the nimble goat.

So I got the feed, shared them among my daughter and my son.
And I gave the anxious sheep some of the feed for its trouble.


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471746-The-Goat-Robber