*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472498-100-Affirmations-of-Self
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#472498 added December 1, 2006 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
100 Affirmations of Self
I was talking recently with a friend about affirmations and she was telling me about the power they can have in your subconscious on your life. I'm not so sure myself but the idea seems sound enough and it's an easy thing to try with no side effects assuming you phrase the affirmations correctly. I figured I'd give it a shot.

Of course the hard part was coming up with the affirmations I wanted to use. Over the past couple of weeks I've been writing affirmations whent he mood struck. The kind of affirmations I'd like to strengthen my ideals and encourage me in my life's goals. There are so many areas in life to focus on and I rounded the affirmations to a full 100 that hopefully covers pretty much everything.

Now comes the task of typing up and then voice recording all of those affirmations and burning them onto a DVD that I can play to myself when I sleep. I'm not so sure I'll enjoy that part. Hearing my own voice and speaking clearly isn't exactly fun. I do however occasionally record myself. I practice singing and sometimes I record myself because it's easier to know where I'm going wrong if I can hear it back to myself after. I don't hate my voice but it is strange to hear how different I sound then what I think I sound like when I'm talking.

The 100 Affirmations of Self point to so many areas in life. Career, writing, teaching, family, home, heart, travel, body, mind, spirit, etc. Everyone would have their own categories too. Like some might have considered religion an important group to factor some affirmations into. I'm hoping I've covered everything but then with 100 affirmations I think they're a good start. lol

No idea if it'll do anything to listen to these but it can't hurt can it. Perhaps it'll strengthen my resolve and help keep my mind focused on what I really want. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472498-100-Affirmations-of-Self