*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474247-With-thanks-to-my-Personal-Cheering-Squad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#474247 added December 10, 2006 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
With thanks to my Personal Cheering Squad
Wow! I mean really wow. I want to send a huge personal thank you to my cheering squad tonight (rain ). Sometimes I just need to be pushed and when I was prepared to give up tonight it was wonderful to have a friend give just the right kind of push to remind me that choosing to give up now would lead to choosing to give up in the days to come.

Thank you Rain for reminding me that today is my opportunity to change. Today, not tomorrow, is when I have to put my life into action. Now, and not tomorrow, or next week, or a month from now. Yes, I wrote, over 1000 words and I think the scene worked out brilliantly. I suspect it's a wrap for the second chapter and brings the total words of The Flight of Torque to a remarkable 11,000. Hear that Forge? That's 11,000 words done in a week. *Smile*

My confidence grows and grows every time I complete a scene and I really love this story. It's hard, truly challenging, and it gets harder day by day but I'm determined to get it finished because the concept, is too brilliant not to share with the world. I know we have battles before us but I push away the fear and fight through because I know by sticking together and staying strong we can win the battles and come away with a majestic prize.

Isn't that what writing is often about? Overcoming adversities. Quite often these adversities are within ourselves. WDC is a great place to nurture ourselves. The strengths of the friendships I've made here have changed me remarkably and with the support of people like Rain, and Forge and all the other names I couldn't begin to list I know that all my dreams are possible.

Isn't it amazing to have a cheering squad? Friends who know how hard it is and really want you to succeed. One of the remarkable things about WDC is that we're in a competative market and yet everyone knows that we each offer something unique. In a way it's our mutual love of language and writing that helps us know, deeply, that we as a people and as writers benefit from the success of other writers.

Tonight I celebrate 1000 words. It mightn't seem like a huge accomplishment but when added to the 10,000 others written this week, and the remaining thousands to come it will prove to be something magical. Thank you Rain for pushing me and reminding me why we strive and why it was important not to push the battle to another day. *hugs to Rain and all my wonderful cheering squad*. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474247-With-thanks-to-my-Personal-Cheering-Squad