*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474574-Countdown-chain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#474574 added December 12, 2006 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Countdown chain
I began the month with the intention of letting my kids put a paper chain up to countdown the days until Christmas. Well, several days passed before I got the supplies together at home. (I'd begun one at work when a desperation for something to decorate the gray panels of my cubicle struck me on a slow morning). I brokered a deal with my youngest, when neither of my children were taking up the task with a furvor. For several days, I said, we could count UP and add one link a day (perhaps we'd get over ourselves soon enough and find the time to paste enough together to get the job done right!)

Sunday, on the way out the door for church, I finally snatched the glue off my desk (for the Scotch tape already went missing) and applied enough looped strips of paper to make it a proper advent countdown calendar.

At dinnertime, my daughter asked if she could tear off the night's loop. But this control maniac denied the request and said the proper time was at bedtime. So, now it's quite some time past both children's bedtime and I'm just realizing that the loop was never removed. Sigh.

© Copyright 2006 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474574-Countdown-chain