*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477485-Crazy-like-a--Cat
by Lexi
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1072631
This isn't a blog; it's a blahg.
#477485 added December 28, 2006 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
Crazy like a ... Cat?
         Since I had to work on Christmas Eve & Christmas I am making a Christmas dinner tomorrow (Thursday). I wish it were for a gathering of people because I miss cooking for big holiday dinners. However, I am still a bit anxious to start cooking.

*Note6* Anyhoo, the point of this entry:

         On Christmas Eve, I was driving home from work at 4am and the streets were dead. I started to slow down on the main highway to make a left-hand turn and I noticed something sitting on the median. I turned on my 4-ways, got out of the car, and tried to get a closer look (not too close though).

         It resembled a cat, but when it turned it's head I noticed it had been hit. The entire side of his head was bloody and he kept trying to cross the road. The only thing this poor animal could do was collapse.

          I called 911 because Animal Control wasn't working. The dispatcher kept saying, "well, there's not much we can do. It's a holiday and it's cold and raining." I started crying because I had no idea where to take him, or if I should even attempt to move him. Finally, she agreed to send out a cop after I kept repeating, "There's an injured animal here that needs medical attention in the middle of the road."

          I pulled in a parking lot and waited outside for 20 minutes before someone showed up. In that time, I noticed it wasn't a cat; it was a baby fox. I wasn't sure how they would handle it.

         I didn't really converse with the officer, but I could hear him talking on the radio thing-a-ma-jiggy. "Yeah, it's a tiny fox. It's nooooo cat." I guess that should have made a difference*Confused* He seemed amused that the caller (which was me) had said the animal was a cat, and irritated that he had to be there. All he seemed concerned about was getting me to leave the scene. He kept saying things like, "alrighty miss, it's time for you to go home. Been here long enough."


         Now, I have been wondering if it was because he wasn't going to do anything. I'm not sure what else I could have done, but I feel a lot better knowing I attempted to do something.


Now she seems to be sand under his shoes
There's nothing I can do

~ "Bells for Her" by Tori Amos

© Copyright 2006 Lexi (UN: lexijewlgia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lexi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477485-Crazy-like-a--Cat