*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479502-Feeling-a-bit-better
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#479502 added January 6, 2007 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling a bit better...
January 6, 2007 ~ Saturday

Hmm... Well...

I am quite tickled today. It seems as though Fictionpress alerts are working again, as I logged on to my e-mail yesterday and had at least 30 e-mails all from FP in replies to reviews, reviews and other alert-related stuff...

Yippee!

Anyhoo, I am finished with that chapter at last! It is gone and done with at least until I come back to it in my rewrite after I am finished with my first draft. Now I am starting on the next chapter, chapter 9, and I am quite happy in that I discovered a story element I had never thought of...

I have a character named Arvin  in this chapter who was once the leader of a great nation, but was defeated and humiliated and who exiled himself. He was followed, however, by great numbers of his followers and they have created a city unto themselves hidden in the mountains. They still look up to him and honor him as a leader, but now he wants nothing more to do with leadership and works as a blacksmith. The story element I had was for another character, Bane, to work for him as his apprentice, pumping the bellows of the forge. I had already decided that Bane would look up to Arvin as the father-figure he had never had, but I always had the problem of them never having a close enough relationship for this feeling to come about... But now I have it! *happy dance*

Yeah, anyway... I'm good for now...

Sees yas allls laters...

~GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings
http://www.fictionpress.com/~gryphonfledglingofsilvergryphon

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479502-Feeling-a-bit-better