*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480049-Too-red-too-gray-too-blue
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#480049 added January 9, 2007 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Too red, too gray, too blue
We-- or maybe it's just I-- had a long list of things we needed to do on our long weekend after vacation. SOmehow it didn't happen; we didn't get out of the vacation mindset. Ah, but another golden opportunity lay just around the corner: we didn't get things done this weekend either. It's really the stuff Bill does, like taxes, that I'm eager to get finished. About all I accomplished was some ironing and a new hair color.

I didn't intend it to be a new color, just a touch up on the old, but oops! I forgot how the sun and chlorine and ocean can dry out my hair, and then it really soaks up the color. So I'm a much darker auburn than normal, for me. Oh well....

The day, that is, the weather, was nice enough today, dry and windy with some sun. I made it to the Y, so that's a plus, especially after the hospice staff meeting and the church staff meeting. It was noon-ish by then, not a good time to visit at the nursing home, so I came home for the hair dye fiasco. Now have to go get dinner ready for Bill and go to a pastoral care meeting back in town.

Kind of a busy, gray day, but nothing really stimulated my imagination. Makes me kind of blue. Maybe when I read some blogs tonight, that will help.

P.S. One of the many things we did this weekend that wasn't work was to look up other cruises. Bill has the bug. The largest ship is a Royal Caribbean named Freedom of the Seas, at www.freedomoftheseas.com. It is amazing! Not only is there a rock climbing wall and pools of course, there's a surf rider, a boxing ring *Confused*, and an ice skating rink. Can you imagine!

*Question**Question**Question**Question**Question*

The Goddard application said I had until the 29th to apply for spring semester. Now it has changed and only allows applications for fall. Bummer.

Also, what do you read this to mean?

Personal Statement
Please submit 3 - 6 single-spaced typed pages of your writing at its best.

Write about yourself in relation to your proposed graduate study. What events in your life have led you to want to earn a graduate degree in writing? What has been your educational and experiential background in this field? How large a part does writing now play in your life? What will having a graduate degree mean to you on a personal and professional level?

Write about your readiness for graduate study that is largely independent and your ability to handle the independence and at times the isolation of such a model. Have you planned and carried out major independent projects with success and satisfaction? Do you enjoy learning for its own sake? What place does your writing practice hold in your life?

Please comment on the strengths and weaknesses in your background: e.g., strong writing experience but little theoretical study, or vice-versa. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a writer? How have you been able to use feedback from instructors and peers?


Do you think that means the essay has to be that long, or that they want writing samples included? I suppose it's the first, but what a drag.






© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480049-Too-red-too-gray-too-blue