*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481220-New-Banner-for-Wcom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#481220 added January 14, 2007 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
New Banner for W.com
January 14, 2007 ~ Sunday

Hmm, I was wondering what looked different about Writing.com when I logged in when I noticed that they no longer have the winter/snowing banner at the top. *sniff*

Yeah, random thing that I noticed.

But anyway, my WB seems to have cleared. I finished chapter 9 of my story and am getting ready with chapter 10, rereading outlines and such things... Yeah me!

The cure may have partly been my recent watching of the Matrix:Revolutions and its incredible visuals. Watching movies seems to be the best way for me to beat Writer's Block even if they aren't in the same genre as my writing, which they usually aren't. I mean, just how many good fantasy movies are there out there? Yes, there are quite a few fantasy movies, but from my own humble and ill-fed opinion, there seem to be very few of quality. LOTR was pretty good and I definitely am inspired when I watch those movies and 'DragonHeart' was good...

I've said it before, but the best movies I have seen thus far for inspiration in the fantasy genre have been 'Labrynth' and 'The Dark Crystal.' You may not like whatever bit of a plot there is in them, but the visuals (Brian Froud baby!) are so wonderful.  Love those movies...

And the Matrix III was mindblowing in regards to sheer hugeness. The battle with the squiddies and the APU's was awesome! But even greater than the visuals in that battle are the sounds; the human screams of defiance and pain. I've noticed that when I watch a movie, I can usually deal with the blood and the gore (*cough*Jaws*cough*) but when someone starts that highpitch screaming (*cough*Quint*cough*) of someone dying, I usually start to feel sick. So when I watch the 'B' movies on like the Sci-fi channel, there are very few realistic screams and so I am able to watch them, no matter if there is a lot of blood or whatever. But when someone (even if there is minimal to no blood) starts that horrible screaming, its like fingernails on the blackboard.

In Matrix III there was a lot of men screaming as they fought off insurmountable odds and they were screams of defiance. You don't see many of those either, at least not well-done ones, and they are extraordinarily powerful emotionally to the audience, because your heart goes out to that man or woman who is giving themself up. *sighs* I loved that part of the movie if only for that reason...

Yeah, anyhoo, gotta run...

~SilverGryphon

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481220-New-Banner-for-Wcom