*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482284-New-Years-Update
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#482284 added January 18, 2007 at 10:04pm
Restrictions: None
New Year's Update
The update your blog notice has been in my mailbox daily for almost a week now. I guess I should write something.

Well...the holidays have come and gone. Dr. S. and my partner are back. Was supposed to do measurements of the brain regions over the break, but didn't get much done. It's a painfully slow process that makes me vascilate between calm surrender and hysterics. I don't think my lack of progress on this will get me fired per se (one of the benefits of having multiple duties), but I'll probably be yelled at before the month is out. I pull some extra hours and hope for the best. Neither my boss nor the post-doc I'm assisting (it's his project technically) seem that concerned about time...yet. The post-doc's a decent guy and seems more worried that I'm getting too worked up about it. He even called me anal-retentive as a compliment, and wants to brainstorm on ways to move things along. I don't know, I'd really like to be done. I hope the end on the month isn't an unreasonable goal.

I will have an easier time dealing with work stress because...ta da... I have other things going on. After wanting and waiting forever I have finally joined ACAC, the gym Robert Waltz and his wife belong to. I really wanted to join because they have so many yoga and bellydance classes, not to mention one location within walking distance of my home and another close to my work. So far I love it. I've finally gotten brave enough to use the time flexibility of my job to leave for a class and come back. It's nice to be all stretched out after so much time on the microscope. It's pretty pricey though so I'll still be giving up my Saturdays to the coffee shop to pay for it.

I also have started taking the new member class at the church I've been attending since October. They got a pretty large young adult program, which has been nice. Trying to remember that God is in control isn't always easy but it is a tremendous comfort. My present state of mind says everything will be okay, though I still worry more than the average bear. But that's how it goes for me.

Hope everyone is well. I'll make the blog rounds as always. It's so much easier to read than to write.

-AER

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482284-New-Years-Update