*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489297-Can-someone-scrape-me-off-the-floor-with-a-shovel
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#489297 added February 20, 2007 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Can someone scrape me off the floor with a shovel?
This is like something out of a cartoon.
I am so tired, I am like paper thin and cannot even push myself off the floor.

Like any good movie, it started innocently enough. My son had a little running nose, just a little bit, so my wife got an appointment to take him to the doctor. The Doc gave him a little medicine for that.
Then, 3 days later, he had the worst earache. It got so bad that we were on standby to take him to the ER at 2AM. But whenever we were ready, he would go into sleep, and whenever we started to relax, he'd wake up and wail.

4 long long hours later, we were in my car, parked outside of the doctor's office, without an appointment. I felt like a bank robber, watching the closed door like a hawk.

We got in without saying, "Give me the doc and nobody will be hurt!" And I did not need to hold a gun either.

But of course, I am holding my son, and by that time, he started to vomit, so he was like an effective Bio weapon.

Anyway, we got more medicine for the little guy, and put him on Mortrin to deal with the pain.

Then he started to have fever. Pretty high fever too on Saturday. Once again, we trodded off to the Urgent Care office. After a long long hour of waiting with half of a dozen unhappy coughing crying children, we saw the doctor.

She told us it is now a virual infection on top of the ear infection. The solution? Give him Mortrin for both the pain and fever!

Thank you doctor! I would not have guessed!

Now, it is a routine now. Every 6 hours, the little guy will spike a fever, whine, fuss, cry, but do not want to take the medicine. After much efforts, and silly movements, he finally took his medicine, and half hour later, he is like a recharged energizer bunny, until the 6 hours are over, and he would stop on the clock and start all ... over ... again.

This morning, his fever seemed to be better, and ... Oh, by the way ... his running nose returned!

This is my life, and my card is the Health Insurance Card!
*Laugh*

Sorry, I had not had a chance to read any of your blogs yet, with the turn of events, I will get to them when my wife got better.

Did I mention my wife started to not look so well?

© Copyright 2007 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489297-Can-someone-scrape-me-off-the-floor-with-a-shovel