*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497658-American-Dreamer-1984
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#497658 added March 26, 2007 at 7:33am
Restrictions: None
American Dreamer (1984)
The most important thing, kid, is that you’re doing something you like to do.

Housewife Cathy Palmer enters a writing contest, and wins a trip to Paris to meet the author of her favorite series.  Shortly after her arrival, an accident causes her to develop amnesia.  When she awakens in the hospital, she thinks she is Rebecca Ryan, the protagonist from the story contest.  She’s convinced that the author’s son, Alan, is Rebecca’s sidekick, Dimitri.  Soon she’s unwittingly embroiled herself and Alan in Parisian intrigue.  Plot twists will keep you guessing until the very end. 

Jobeth Williams plays plain, discontented housewife Cathy Palmer, and sexy, international spy Rebecca Ryan with equal ease. 

Tom Conti is engaging and funny as the baffled Alan/Dimitri, who allows himself to be dragged into the adventure by the beautiful woman who charges her way into his life. 

I first saw this film in the theater, when I was a high school sophomore.  At the time, I thought Rebecca Ryan ruled.  20+ years later, I still love this movie.  Silly and utterly unrealistic, I still laugh out loud each time I watch it.


My new siggy - thank you Seisa!

Amygdalia

© Copyright 2007 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497658-American-Dreamer-1984