*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513980-Happiness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#513980 added June 8, 2007 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Happiness
4 Nur 164 B.E. – Friday, June 08, 2007

I’m not sure that very many people are happy. At least when you see them on the street hey don’t look happy. I’m not talking about smiling because a person can smile and still be unhappy. I’m referring to the look in an individual’s eyes when he or she is having a good time.

Many things in this world that can make us unhappy, if we let them, the trick is not to let them. A person has to have faith and a vision of the future, a vision that explains present day events in a way that makes sense. A vision that reveals the future changed because of a fundament change in humanity itself.

Humans are dual natured creatures; we have a body, which is part of the material creation and a soul that survives the death and decomposition of the body. The duality or our natures affect our happiness. Animals (cats or dogs) are happy when we feed, shelter and stroke them. Humans don’t work that way though. True food, shelter and a little stroking makes our bodies happy, but it takes more than this to make the entire human (both body and soul) happy.

In order to make the entire human being happy, we must consider both the body and the soul. The intriguing thing is, that what makes the body happy doesn’t always make the soul happy. Therefore, balance is required; unfortunately, we don’t always strive for balance. Instead, we strive to develop or pursue the things that make the body happy to the detriment of the soul.

We often times don’t consider that at a given point in time, the body will die, but the soul lives on. The soul passes into the next life clothed in the spiritual attributes developed on the material plane. Because of not developing these attributes, we are unhappy. It only takes a few changes in our lives to make us happy and to change our view of the future. If we extend a helping hand to someone, we are developing the spiritual attribute of generosity. While we may not see its effect on our souls in this world, we will see it in the next.

Of course, there is much more to happiness then just developing spiritual attributes. It is up to the individual to investigate for him or herself and find out what is necessary for happiness.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513980-Happiness