*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/514450-Knows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#514450 added June 11, 2007 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
Knows
7 Nur 164 B.E. – Monday, June 11, 2007

As everyone knows, who has read my last blog The Snowflake Chronicles I’m an arachnophob. I have an illogical and unreasonable fear of spiders. The little beasties send chills up my spine. So you know any encounter I have with a spider of any type will end up in one of my blogs. I hand an encounter with a spider yesterday, June 10, 2007.

The encounter occurred in my kitchen. I had left the thingy that I use to take dried food off dishes in the sink. It was one of those that looks like a web of some sort of metal. Anyway, I turned the water on and started to rinse dishes from the night before. I looked down and a huge (OK, maybe the eight legged bitch wasn’t as big as I thought she was) black widow crawled out of the scrubbing pad. I immediately dumped water on it and the creature crawled or got washed back into the metal web.

I dumped three or four cups of water on it. Then found a plastic grocery bag with garbage in it. I picked the metal thingy up by one end and dropped it in with the rest of the garbage. I tied the bag tight, then took another plastic grocery bag and put the one with the spider in. The one with the spider went in with the tied end at the bottom of the new bag. I then tied that bag shut, took the whole thing to the garage, put it in a larger trash bag and tied that bag shut. It’s still waiting for Wednesday, in order to go to the trash.

When I saw the spider, I jumped back from the sink, but I didn’t scream aloud. There are just two people in the house and me screaming like an insane driver on Las Vegas Boulevard at rush hour isn’t going to do any good. I took care of the problem; at least I think I did. The rest of the day chills continued to crawl up my spine. The rest of the day I imagined, that out of the corner of my eye, I saw spider crawling on everything, including me. The thought still sends chills up my spine.

I have a very vivid imagination. When it comes to spiders, my thoughts border on the paranoid. Not that I haven’t learned to deal with the problem. There was a time when I couldn’t kill or even dispose of one of the creatures. Now at least I can get them out to the trash or kill them. I’m not saying I’m cured, but I’m learning that I can face the fear and deal with it. I’m not saying I deal with it logically, but I’m dealing with it.

Now we come to the illogical and paranoid part. Spider (OK, I’m not sure I can write this with a straight face) if they aren’t sealed up in something will come back to get the person to attempts to kill them (That doesn’t even sound logical, that sounds funny and weird even to me).


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/514450-Knows