*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515810-Asking-Questions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#515810 added June 18, 2007 at 1:26am
Restrictions: None
Asking Questions
One of the joys of Father's Day is witnessing the enjoyment of men actually putting attention on receiving attention. I do not mean that I see more vanity in men. The is a pride that most usually keep reserved. It seems a shame to conjecture that Society has molded the male population into a belief that they need to be so reserved as to hide the natural pride of fatherhood. Maybe it is just the company my husband and I keep? I know it took some proding-style mentoring from my grandmother to alert me to my own dry personality; i.e., lack of bragging skill and doting-on my own kids' accomplishments that includes keeping a voluminous supply of photos to show off.

I do think I've improved, yet, she was never in my head on this one; I'm still not in sync with the idea fully. I've grown up in a different age than she did. And the Internet, being what it is, has certainly shaped my boundaries where sharing about my children is concerned.

This wasn't meant to be about me, however, all hail happy dads; happy to be dads not just on a day of recognition, but on all days their "dadness" is called upon.

© Copyright 2007 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515810-Asking-Questions