*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518756-Consider-the-Pen-You-Write-With
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#518756 added July 3, 2007 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Consider the Pen You Write With
10 Rahmat 164 BE – Tuesday, July 3, 2007 7:31:04 AM PDT

Consider the pen you write with
the feel of it in your hand
the sensual warm of this presence
as words flow from your mind to the paper
through the axons and dendrites of your brain.


Of course, I don’t use a pen the write with any more. Not that I don’t have pens laying around the house. Not by the phone where I need them or at least I don’t have working pens laying by the phone. The pens by the phone are usually empty or the ink in them is dried. This means that when I choose to answer the phone and take a message I have to look around for a working pen. I have an answering machine, this is probably the reason I let it pick up because if I need to take a message I never have a pen handy and the tap in the answering machine does a better job of taking a message than me writing it down. I haven’t been telling people that the reason for not answering the phone when I’m home and off line.

Those who I feel it’s important to know are informed that I don’t answer the phone unless I sure some is on the other end. Someone calls this number and when I answer he, she or it doesn’t respond, the person doesn’t say anything, no heavy breathing, not obscene words, nothing. It’s irritating, so I let the machine pick it up. If someone isn’t going to take to me or my Mother when we answer, they’re certainly not going to take to a machine. Besides when my brother and his wife bought the phone and machine for us they paid good money, the answering machine may as well be used.

However, getting back to the pen with which I write. I do carry a paper journal and pen with me. This is for writing ideas for poetry and stories down, as well as taking notes when I’m at a meeting. I suppose if my paper journals last a hundred years, whoever sees them will get only notes about ideas, my life and phone number (some with names and others with odd notations).

I need to review some of my old journals, I didn’t always use journals in this way. There was a time when I used them I actually used them to start writing stories and poem. There must be lost in the old journal and some intriguing ideas in the new. I need some more ideas, not that my muse isn’t working. She is, but ideas still help.

I was going to use the title, Consider the Pen You Write With as a warm up exercise for writing. However, I changed my mind and decided to use it as a blog entry. My warm writing exercise this morning (and probably from now on) is a letter to Baha’u’llah in my Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal. I decided this morning that my warm up exercises from now on will a daily letter to Baha’u’llah. By writing a letter every morning or evening, I get my goals focused and look at what I must change in the near future to accomplish the goals. Besides, it puts the goals on a spiritual level and that’s what I need at the moment. Not the only thing I need, of course, but by putting everything on a spiritual level first, I have my priorities straight.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518756-Consider-the-Pen-You-Write-With