*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519416-The-Space-for-Practice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#519416 added July 6, 2007 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Space for Practice
13 Rahmat 164 BE – Friday, July 6, 2007 8:05:54 AM PDT

Lora sat on Moon Base One’s observation deck watching the shuttles approaching the new landing bay. The pilots, unsure of the new technology that operated the landing bay doors, slowed their shuttle down more than usual. No one can blame them, she thought, not after what happed to Doctor Martin’s private shuttle.

“Still being a little over cautious, aren’t they,” said Joe as he set down beside her.

“You can’t blame them, Joe,” she reached over and took his left hand into her right hand. “The door cut the Doc’s shuttle in half.”

“It wasn’t the technologies fault! Lora, the Doc’s pilot was inexperienced at landing bay approaches; the bastard didn’t know what he was doing.”

“With the new technology, that shouldn’t have been a problem.”

“Well, the Council has taken care of the inexperience problem.” He squeezed her hand and then kissed her on the cheek. “They’ve ordered all pilots, inexperienced or not, to make space in their schedules for extra practice, which is why I’m here this morning.”

“What do you mean, Sweetie?”

“I’m going to be late for our date tonight.” His brow wrinkled with irritation. “I have to practice landing bay approaches and entrances from eighteen hundred hours to nineteen hundred hours.”

“Well, the reservations can’t be changed at this late date. Meet me at the restaurant after you’re finished.”

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519416-The-Space-for-Practice