*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520061-Hey-looky-Im-back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#520061 added July 9, 2007 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Hey looky! I'm back!
Wow, an update the very next day... I must be sick or something...

During the last school year, I started a comic as sort of a doodle to do in those more boring classes. I used an idea that I was originally going to turn into a novel and edited it a bit for the comic. It's very strange telling a story with pictures when I'm used to telling them with words. I can't add narration, so everything has to be explained in the visuals. Really testing my expressive human faces, which are my weak point in my artistic ability. Currently they sort of look like dead anime characters... Hmmm...

But its fun, considering. The story I picked is something that requires visuals, which is why I chose it. Its the story of a girl who goes into a coma after a car accident. In the coma, she is neither alive nor dead, so she is taken to the in-between by a deer named Hades. There she has to choose between Life and Death, two persons at a fork in the road. But the thing is, she doesn't know which is which. Just as she is about to choose, however, she is stopped by one known as the Youngling, who is also in the in-between, but has cheated his choosing and has remained in the in-between for far longer than his time. He wants the girl to help him find Life, as there are things he needs to do in Life before he can die.

So yeah, I'm still doing work on it, so consider this version of the comic the first draft. I'm sort of winging the dialogue as I draw the pictures, which, as I understand, isn't so much the good idea. I should probably write the script first, but somehow working it out the hard way is soothing. I'll probably regret it later, but give me time...

So yeah, anyway... Found the most awesome web-comic last week: "Spiky-Haired Dragon, Worthless Knight." It's great. It has just the right mix of humor and dark moments. It's be going on for 3 years and there are probably a few more years to come. It actually tells a serious story, despite what the title may lead you to assume. Great stuff, I highly recommend it: http://shd-wk.com .

Anyway, not much else to say... I never read comic books as a kid, (younger kid, anyway) so you could consider me inexperienced. I recently discovered manga, which gives me a headache to read, considering it goes backwards, but the visuals if nothing else are stunning. One manga series that I do recommend is Miyazaki's "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind." It's really good, but gets a bit dark at times. The ending (not the very ending, but how we get to the ending) is a little confusing, considering it invovles beating this threat that we didn't hear about until like the sixth volume, but I liked it otherwise...

Anyhoo, must leave now. Farewell my adoring fans...

*crickets chirp*

Yes, yes, thank you, thank you.

*crickets chirp louder*

They just love me...

~SilverGryphon
http://www.fictionpress.com/~gryphonfledglingofsilverwings

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520061-Hey-looky-Im-back