*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520287-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#520287 added July 10, 2007 at 8:57am
Restrictions: None
The Mystic’s Connection with the Beloved
17 Rahmat 164 BE – Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:52:00 AM PDT

Prayer is the mystic’s connection with the Beloved. I isn’t that the mystic is always on her or his knees in prayer. Rather the mystic is always aware of the presence of the Beloved in everything she does. No matter what her cultural heritage or religious affiliation, the mystic sees the hand of God, which is the hand of the Beloved in all phenomena.

It doesn’t matter to the mystic whether the phenomena is natural or manmade. This is because for the mystic God has no partners, no equal. For the mystic every event occurring in the world works, in some way or other, to bring about God’s will on Earth. The mystic’s focus is to proclaim God and God’s message to humanity.

In past mystics have withdrawn to deserts or convents or in some cases danced naked in the streets. Mystics have left family and children to follow the Beloved, to follow the reflection of God in human form. However, these aren’t required of mystics, especially in today’s world. Today the mystic must work among the scattered of humanity pointing out the common threads that the spiritual paths share. So the mystic goes to the beloved in prayer.

NOTE: This is going to be an essay; I’m planning on using personal experiences as well as research from the lives of mystics from earlier ages. Actually, I think I may have more then one essay or article here because the one I planned had to do with prayer as the mystic’s connection with the Beloved, but I’ve put in other stuff as well.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520287-