*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527370-I-must-never-sing
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#527370 added August 11, 2007 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
I must never sing
I learned a gigantic lesson today. I must never sing, especially in Seattle. And I admit to being “yellow.”

According to AP news, “A woman attacked a karaoke singer belting out Coldplay on Thursday night, telling him he "sucked" before she pushed and punched him to get him to stop singing, bar staff said. The man was singing "Yellow" when it happened.
"It took three or four of us to hold her down," bartender Robert Willmette said.”

According to the bartender, the attacker had only one drink. I guess some singing can make people crazy with or without a drink.

If a man feels he is chanteur enough to sing in a bar (okay, so what if it is karaoke!) and he gets attacked, can the poor of voice like moi ever have the courage to get up and croon?

The lesson here is one should never howl out of tune, even if one is having the time of his life. At this juncture, American Idol comes to mind where the art of singing, or rather dreaming in public, has turned into a murder/mystery performance.

Yet, nowadays everyone sings for any reason. Even the respectable senator from Arizona, John McCain, sang, "'Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran,” to the tune of Barbara Ann in a VFW Hall sometime in mid-April. Luckily, he was greeted “with thunderous applause.”

Could that applause wake us up?

I guess now the ball is in the Democrats’ court.

More singing, anyone?

We’re awesome, you know, when it comes to singing out of tune.



© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527370-I-must-never-sing