*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532212-filling-the-gap-in-advance
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#532212 added September 2, 2007 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
filling the gap in advance
If the dogsitter doesn't call, we'll be flying out of here early tomorrow for a quick turnaround trip to celebrate Lucy's sixth birthday with her. Since the picnic is planned for five o'clock, we probably won't get home in time for me to blog tomorrow. I've never had a blue month yet, I don't think. Not that it's worth worrying about, but I'd hate to miss out so very early in the month.

If she does call, we can spend the night and then maybe stop some place interesting for lunch on the way home. It's hard to find places though that are near small airports.

We lucked out on the way home from California when we stopped at the Fresno Executive airport. It had an old terminal that was being renovated, filled with maps and photos of famous flyers, and a good little diner. We'd stopped at Redding on the way down, and its Chinese restaurant is well known to pilots. Flying somewhere for lunch is called "going for a hundred dollar hamburger." There's even a book by that name. Know any good spots on or near your local airfield?

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532212-filling-the-gap-in-advance