*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533201-One-day-behind-us
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#533201 added September 5, 2007 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
One day behind us
We made it successfully through the first Nutri-System day, and the food was fairly tasty and we feel fairly full. That's saying a lot.

There are several information items that leave a lot to be desired. First, the ad clearly says nothing to weigh or measure; and yet, when you get into it, you find that the diet includes such additions as half a cup of cooked rice or pasta, or a third of a cup of beans. The fruit portions that are part of the day's meal are also not provided, and you have to look up to see what's allowed and how much. Salads, they say, are unlimited, including lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, radishes, etc. But then when they want you to have two servings of vegetables, the list to choose from limits you to, for instance, 1/2 cup of spinach, cabbage or mushrooms per serving, items that were unrestricted in the salad list. There are other choices too, which are unique to the veggie list: broccoli, eggplant, green beans, etc.

Here's my second major gripe, and that is that the information isn't organized in an eye-catching and handy way. There ought to be a packet at the top of the box of groceries that tells you what you have and what, additionally, you'll need. All this information is tucked into the back of the daily diary, not in an upfront handy place to use to figure out shopping lists and menus. There's a whole booklet on exercise, but the diet itself is sort of shoved into the closet.

Okay, I won't bore you with any more diet stuff. What else can I share that's funny? Oh, while we were in Newberg, the family came over to swim at the motel pool with us. There was another little girl there who was also six. She wanted to know if Lucy had her ears pierced yet, and how many teeth she'd lost. So now we know the kindergarten agenda. *Bigsmile*


© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533201-One-day-behind-us