*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533744-A-New-Month
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#533744 added September 8, 2007 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
A New Month
1 Izzat 164 B.E. - Saturaday, September 8, 2007 about 7:40 AM PDT

Today is the first of Izzat, Might, and the morning here in Las Vegas is clear and warm. Last night Mom and I went to the Feast of Izzat at the Baha'i Center. The theme for the readings was the Right of God, very inspirational and encouraging. There are two specific prayers in the Baha'i Prayer book covering this subject. I think I'll attempt to writing a poem, but I'm not sure about the form at this point.

I normally write free verse poems, but not always. When I want to write a poem on a specific subject and don't have any idea where to start, I choose a specific form. Writing a poem in a form helps me to focus on the subject and the theme. I have a Book of Forms by Lewis Turco that I consult when look for a form to use. If I don't find a form in there, then I do an Internet search or go to the forms posted on writing.com.

For the past two day my brother and his family have stayed at the Flamingo. His wife is in Vega for a seminar and her company paid for a hotel room for the family. So Mom and I spent Thursday and Friday visiting with my brother and his youngest sons. They took us to eat at the Flamingo Buffet, I don't know the price of the buffet there, but it's worth whatever the price. The Flamingo puts out quit a spread.

Friday, as we were walking across the court yard, I saw both a black swan and an black necked swan. The hotel casino has a nice collection of birds, including Flamingos I'll probably use the black necked and black swans in a poem.

The only draw back of two days spent away from home is housework. I'm behind on both the laundry and the dishes. What a way to start out a month, with both laundry and dishes to do. I'll do the laundry while I'm washing dishes. The washing machine is unbalanced and dances across the floor in the spin cycle. If I'm in the kitchen when the cycles change it's easer to keep the machine from moving.

I prevent the washing machine from moving by standing against it, while it's spinning. It's either that or move it back into position when it stops. Standing against the washer and preventing it from moving is easier on my back.



© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533744-A-New-Month