*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534796-The-Countdown-Has-Begun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#534796 added September 12, 2007 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
The Countdown Has Begun
5 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Wednesday, September 12, 2007 about 5:14 PM PDT

The count down to National Novel Writing Month has begun. I entered the NaNoWriMists Contest this year. Sign ups on NaNoWriMo.org begins on October 1 and planning begins for the novel on that day as well. I've entered NaNoWriMo for the last two years. The first year I completed the challenge with over 50,000 words. The second year I entered, but didn't do anything at all with the novel. In fact the only thing I remember about it was that it was a fantasy novel, but what the name was escapes me.

This year I don't think it will be a fantasy novel. I have a particular creature in mind that I've been attempting to do something with for a while now. It's going nowhere fast (I've never heard of anyone going nowhere slowly). Any way I think my main problem is lack of planning. I didn't plan the first novel, I just started writing and the planning came in as the novel moved along. I don't like that, because about half way through I realized that the first chapter wasn't actually the first chapter. I'm looking forward to planning the novel this year and see how that goes.

I've got a place in my port already picked out to hold the novel. I've got a working title for the novel. The characters need some work, which is probably why I haven't gotten very far on the idea. It isn't that I don't know much about the characters, but I think that I need to look at the whole situation with new eyes. Perhaps I need to write a character sketch on the main characters. I'm at lose ends with this one, but I've got a gut feeling that if I can just put the characters and the plot into words it's a good idea. I'm not going to say much more about them at the moment. I have to do a little house keeping in my port, remove a synopsis for another novel that. Not that I'm going to get rid of it completely. I'll put the synopsis in an entry in this blog, where I can keep it and review it periodically.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534796-The-Countdown-Has-Begun