*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535207-a-day-that-got-better
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#535207 added September 14, 2007 at 9:11pm
Restrictions: None
a day that got better
Today didn't start off well. I wakened to a crashing sound that was, thankfully, just in my dream. I was hunting for a place to park, realized there was a motor bike in the spot I'd headed for, and then backed into a green pickup truck.

After breakfast I remembered I needed to call about my Discover card. I'd gotten a letter from them the other day saying there were a few changes to my contract. The penalty for a late payment was going to go up to $50, and the this and the that. I don't often make a late payment, but I have been known to carry one around in my purse for a week, forgetting to mail it, and the $25 fee infuriated me. Anyway, the letter went on to say that if I did not want these changes applied to my card, I needed to let them know by September. So, I wrote a letter saying that indeed I did not want these changes.

The next thing I knew, I couldn't use my Discover card. It had been cancelled. Maybe I should have expected that, but I didn't. It was not mentioned in the letter. Another thing that was not mentioned was that any points that have been accumulated, which was $140 worth, would no longer be available. Gypped out of $140! I was angry.

So, I called and talked with "Robert," who said there must have been a mistake, etc. When he called back with the information, I wasn't at home, so he left a message.

This morning I called back, and "Robert" wasn't around. "Crystal" took the call and said, of course the fact that I would lose any bonus if the account was closed for any reason was all spelled out quite clearly in the initial contract. Oh.

So I mentioned "Robert's" name, and she read through my file. All the above was still true, but Robert had discovered that if I reinstate my account within 90 days, I'd get the bonus back. Fortunately, it was still within 90 days, so not all was lost.
You can imagine what I'll do with this account after I get the bonus back. Cash and close.

Got a new patient 40 miles north of town, so, yea, I can continue a weekly drive to the country. The man is 90 and was sick several times while I was there today, which was embarrassing for him. I got a basin for him in time, and he was very tidy about it so my gag reflex didn't get too much of a workout.

Speaking of workouts, I got to the gym today, thanks to a friend whose exercise buddy is laid up at present. That's a great help, knowing someone will be waiting for you at the Nautilus machines.

My afternoon patient is such a joy. He was hurting today and was in bed, with a sanctus bell beside him to call his wife if he needed her. He reminisced about his travels to the southwest, and we had a very enjoyable visit.

That's all for now. It's the weekend, even if I am on call. Have a safe one.

*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^


I forgot to mention the really great pool party held in Muddy Frogwater over Labor Day. The city pool, which was closing for the summer, held a special swim for people who wanted to bring their dogs. The dogs behaved and loved it, and everyone had a good time. Isn't that a hoot? Or is it a Woof! No, maybe it's a Ribbit.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535207-a-day-that-got-better