*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536482
Rated: E · Book · Young Adult · #1320328
A chronicle of questions and thoughts from a college student.
#536482 added September 20, 2007 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
Intuition
In my Management Studies class, my professor spoke about different ways in which people (namely employees) obtain knowledge. He lists 7 different ways.

-Direct Personal Experience
-Vicarious Experiences
-Verbal Persuasion
-Logical Verification
-Faith
-Science
-Intuition

My professor stopped after each one and gave a brief explanation as to why each one was included. The one that really stood out to me was intuition. As a business student, intuition is the least important of all. But as a writer, intuition is the most important.

How does it work? How can it be that a mother can wake up at 3 in the morning and just know that her son has been in a car accident? Occurances like these happen and there is no justification at all for them. The mother could have gone to bed at 9pm when her son was diligently working on his homework in the living room. Then for her to just wake up and know her son is out of the house AND that he has been in a car accident is completely extraordinary.

It doesn't happen with much anything else. No one intuitively learns calculus, the names of strangers, or where the closest clothing store is. It only happens when things happen to people you care about. Is there something that links people together? Is that the soul? The romantic side of me thinks that a piece of you travels inside of everyone you really care about. The realistic side holds out for the fact that there is some scientific explanation yet to be discovered.

I guess I fancy myself more as a romantic. =)

© Copyright 2007 Kimberlily (UN: kimberlily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kimberlily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536482