*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537586-the-turning
by Shyly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1202972
Am in the process of writing this story, but i'v ereached the writer's block
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#537586 added September 25, 2007 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
the turning
Her eyes turning from red angry to a golden predatory look, she snarled with her fangs visible shinning so white, the hair on her skin rose, her red-black hair flew every which way, her long nails lengthened, she felt an incredible power, highly energized in her, trying to say in control, wondering what was happening to her, she felt a strong nasty presence, she didn’t like it, she turned around trying to figure out where the sent was coming from, with inhuman speed, she ran toward the little forest with wind flashing and swirling around her, it was getting foggy and the sky as if matching her anger rumbled and a flash of lighting burned the trees apart for better access, the remaining trees ruffled as the wind blew stronger, she search her eyes turning from gold to red, the presence she’d felt was diminishing and she felt the person, or whatever the creature was its…fear?
Trying to regain sanitary and control over herself, she ran out of the woods, shacked her head, her fingernails and fangs reseeding, as her eyes turned a confused golden, suddenly still she touched her teeth looking at her nails and wondered what the hell was wrong with her.
He ran with fear in his heart, although scared of his master, he’d never been so frightened before in his life, and that was a long time, being one of the older vampires, he knew a lot and had seen more in his life than ever, but he had never seen that before, how a mere half vampire could control nature so easily, how could she have so much power to scare him so, she was only a half-ling, but so much power! She could destroy them if ever the prophecy became true, then it most not, he thought, they either had to destroy her or make her one of their own, with powers as such, they could control  the world.


         “What was that?” Flo asked as soon as she could get a word out of her mouth and not be scared to talk to her friend, but Shontel just stared out, her hand folded, staring at nothing, she knew she’d always been different, when she had been angry as a teenager she’d always closed her eyes hoping no one would notice her red eyes, but fangs? Lengthened nails? Was she losing her mind? What was happening to her? And why did it fill like the weather bent at her will and anger? Yep, that was it, she was losing her mind, going coo-coo in there, and of course that was the only possibility.
Flo wondered as she stared at her friend in confusion, of course Shontel had always been weird, but red eyes, and that crazy look on her face, had she imagined that? Had she imagined the changed of weather and the rumble of the sky as Shontel’s face contorted into someone she’d never met? She’d always thought Shontel the fun-nest and nicest person she’d ever met, but did she even know the girl sitting in her living room? Did she have any notion of who her friend was? Who or what she is?
Frank was shaking, he didn’t know whever to stay or run as fast as he could, he’d never seen a face turn so ugly and hateful before, or eyes that turned red, what was going on? The inhuman strength! And everything else about Shontel freaked him out, but he couldn’t hide his attraction to her, the way he wanted to feel her hands on him, stare at him with desire instead of arrogance and confusion, but he also wanted to know her intimately, for her to talk about herself to him, not hide who she was. Now he remembered her, he’d always wondered what had happened to her, he’d missed her after she had left, wondering how she was, how she fared, he’d missed her always fallowing him, telling him things he didn’t know and didn’t really want to know, when’d been young he’d thought her exasperating, but until she left did he realize how much fun and a big part of his life she was. She’d helped him with his homework when he most needed it although he’d hated her at times for just that, but now sitting in front of him so beautifully and full of energy he wondered how life had been for her, he looked at the little girl whom walked quietly to Shontel, held out her arms to be taking, at first Shontel didn’t notice, but then a little smile curved her lips as she stared, she took the girl in her arms, holding her tight, Showana as if sensing her mothers need for a hug and familiarity snuggled next to her and held her neck.
         “ I love mommy” she whispered, Shontel hugged her tighter but made sure it was with no pressure, she held her eyes tight, hoping against all odds that she would not cry, and she would start feeling all the difference about her and the other people.
One tear fell on her cheeks and Frank gasped softly, she wiped her eyes and stared at frank as unshed red pools of tears clung to her eyes, she seemed to be asking for something, begging, desperate she blinked her eyes staring now only at frank asking for his help.
         “Flo take Showana” finally understanding he took control, Flo still scared skittishly came to her friend and without looking at her took young Showana whom had started to sleep.  Shontel walked to the windows, looking out, the sky was dark, and it was freezing out although she didn’t feel it she knew.
         “What is wrong with me?” she whispered holding on to herself, she turned to stare at Frank whose breath caught at the sight of blood running from her eyes, “help me, please!”
Frank not knowing what to say stared at her, wanting to help, to sooth her pain, she blinked her eyes, looking around her as if in confusion.
         “Something is wrong with me, something wrong with me…” she kept repeating hugging herself tighter as her nails dug in her, “ Why can’t I feel the cold? Why can’t I cry normally? Why am I like this? Why can I… why can…” she droped to the floor with a thud, Frank ran to her, she looked so lifeless, her skin pale, so small and fragile, yet frightening at that too, as he drew closer to her he saw droplets of blood on the floor, her cut arm that she’d done herself with her nails was being sealed, drops of blood from her eyes were retreating as if  a mind of their own, gathering together and burning the carpet as they went together, he didn’t know what to do, he was frightened by what he was seeing, as the blood burned through the floor, scared, he knew not what to do as he stared at her shaking body.
         “Shontel?” he whispered barley hearing himself, he thought of going to her, but something held him back, as if an invisible shield was being held between them, he couldn’t go to her, he felt regret deep in his heart.
         “Stay away, just… stay …away” she whispered throatily, “go home Frank, and stay away from me” she raised her head staring at him through golden eyes full of remorse, ”please! PLEASE!!!!”
© Copyright 2007 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537586-the-turning